Invigorate our organic Peppermint essential oil, which is the latest addition to our oil product range. Self-care of our physical and mental health now is paramount. When looking to expand our selection, we spoke to therapists about what support most people needed. The results were this beautiful organic essential oil of Peppermint named Invigorate, designed to give strength, instil excitement and aid with emotional fatigue.
Peppermint was found in the Egyptian pyramids dating back to around 1000B.C. The oldest civilisations highly value it for its properties in soothing digestion; modern research has shown it improves tastes and smells when inhaled and is a powerful natural antibacterial.
Are you feeling fatigued? Perhaps you have muscle aches and pains? Did you know Peppermint essential oil has natural benefits which can help you?
Know by the botanical name Mentha piperita our Peppermint essential oil is certified organic and sourced in Australia. From the mint family, Peppermint has a strong sweetish odour, a warm pungent taste with a cooling aftertaste. Associated with many candies and breath mints, peppermint oil is one of the top-selling essential oils.
Chances are if you’ve smelt something minty, it contains peppermint oil. Used to fragrance to soaps, perfumes and cosmetics it is refreshing.
Here are some of the ways you can use it to support you in your daily life.
We set our organic peppermint essential oil with the intentional energy of Invigorate. Why? Because it energises you naturally! So, it is natural to liven a space as a refreshing pick-me-up during afternoon energy slumps. Instead of reaching for the caffeine, diffuse Peppermint Essential Oil.
Clears the sinuses
Like many menthols-based essential oils, Peppermint Essential oil is beneficial for colds, coughs, bronchitis, asthma, and sinusitis when diffused in a room.
Wave your organic peppermint oil under your nose to help ease nausea.
For relief of muscle aches and pain, Peppermint essential oil is outstanding. Try using it with our Alkmista Spa Massage organic carrier oil and soothe your aching body.
Menthol is always an excellent bug repellent so keep a spray bottle of Peppermint ready to keep those spiders away!
Just as peppermint tea eases your hunger, you diffuse Peppermint oil to stave off the hunger pains to get you through to dinner time.
Apply organic diluted Peppermint essential oil to the affected area for cooling pain relief.
Soothe an itch
Outstanding when diluted with an Alkimista carrier oil, Peppermint both cools and soothes. For best results, hydrate the skin before application.
Get the scalp tingling by adding a drop of peppermint oil to your shampoo, and it will help cleanse your scalp and boost natural energy.
If you need that kick of energy to your brain neurons, applying a drop of diluted Peppermint oil to the base of your neck can give you a boost of focus.
Diverse Uses of Peppermint:
- relieve stress and nervous tension
- Inhalations can relieve congestion and sinusitis
- Skin itching, inflammation and irritation relief when diluted with an organic carrier oil
- A pick-me-up when diffused to refresh, create clarity and invigorate
- Peppermint oil used diluted in massage oil will have a cooling effect on the body to help soothe sore muscles. As it is a natural painkiller and muscle relaxant, it can also help ease fevers. It can help ease a tension headache or migraine.
- Externally, the essential oil is used in balms and salves to stimulate hot and cold nerve endings and increase local blood flow, helping dermatitis, scabies and burns.
- It is known to improve dull and oily skin.
- Added to shampoo and conditioner it will have a stimulating effect on the scalp, helping hair growth and it can also thicken and nourish damaged hair.
Using with other essential oils:
Peppermint is a top note when blending with other oils.
It blends well with citruses such as sweet orange, grapefruit and lemon essential oils for creating diffuser blends.
If you love Australian natives, it combines well with Eucalyptus and also Tea Tree Oil.
Here are a few other oils for you to look at when creating your own signature blend:
A quick word of caution:
- Never ingest essential oils.
- Avoid if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Please do not use it on babies or small children.
- Peppermint Oil may irritate sensitive skin; however, it is rare. Important to do a patch test first before applying in large amounts.
- Do not use in baths.
- Avoid applying oils to sensitive areas like the nose, ears, eyes, or broken skin.
- Always read labels and package instructions before using essential oil for the first time.
- Use dilution to minimise skin sensitivity.
- follow professional recommendations, healthcare provider advice and common sense.
I hope you make Invigorate part of your self-care rituals, boost your energy naturally, and stay mentally aware.
Living with intention begins with one step. Let’s take the journey together and bring the magic of intentional living into your everyday life.